Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Myra's First Day of School...Again

Today Myra started Danish school. The name of the school she is attending is Herstedvester Skole. Yeah, good luck pronouncing that one! Myra was very excited last night to start school, but was a bit more nervous this morning. I walked with her to school, which is seriously so close! It will be so nice not having to bundle everyone up to drive her to school in the morning. Once she gets the hang of things, she can just walk. So, I went with her to class, which was having a music lesson for the first hour. The teacher invited me to stay for her first lesson, so I got to go to music with her! It was actually a lot of fun and I kind of wished that I could attend school with her every day. I'd certainly learn Danish quicker! The music teacher was a lot of fun and really got the kids to interact and such. This is got to be such a difficult class to teach, having all these kids that don't speak Danish and not speaking all of their different languages. Music had 2 classes combined, Myra's class and then the older class that is similar to her's. There were kids from Uganda, Poland,Slovakia, Australia, Turkey and Pakistan. What a great opportunity for Myra to get to learn about all these different nationalities. So, after music I left Myra with her class. She looked a little sad about me leaving, but not too bad. And of course, once I picked her up from school, she was beaming. She didn't learn much Danish today, but she had a good time. And honestly, right now, that is what matters the most.

1 comment:

  1. I knew she would do fantastic. It is cool that they let you stay for a bit. She is going to learn Danish quickly in school.

    ReplyDelete