Thursday, June 7, 2012

Learning Danish

Today I started Danish lessons. They are offered for free through the communes, so I decided to take them up on the offer.  It would be very easy to live here for 3 years and not learn Danish, since so many people speak English.  But, it would be so nice to be able to go to church and not have to have a translator or to know what the little neighborhood kids are saying to us.  So, we'll see how the lessons go.  I was a little discouraged with my first lesson tonight.  Not by the lesson, but the fact that I was the only girl in a class of 10 guys.  And I have to admit that going off of first looks/impressions, there are a few questionable guys in that class.  I was the only American as well.  The others were from Romania, Poland, Iraq, Cameroon and Switzerland, to name a few that I remember.  It was just kind of uncomfortable.  I hope that it ends up being a good experience though. So, I'll keep going for now and see how it goes.  Wish me luck!

1 comment: