Sunday, February 17, 2013

Photo Challenge Week #7 - Art

Shannon - This week was a tricky one. Denmark is just full of beautiful art pieces.  All over the city, you will come across sculptures and paintings and other pieces of art.  We decided to take a trip into Copenhagen yesterday and go to the National Art Gallery - Statens Museum for Kunst.  And wouldn't you know it, I completely forgot about the challenge as we were walking around the museum and around the town, or I think I would have taken different pictures, looking for something more "artsy."  Anyway, we took a few pictures of some of the paintings, art done by Munch, Renoir and Rembrandt.  One of my favorites was a copy of Leonardo DaVinci's, Madonna on the Rocks.  It was done around the same time as the original and looks very much like it.  Kind of cool.  The kids seemed to enjoy the trip and were so good, but were definitely tired by the end.  We had all been in a different room, when Noah took off to the next room.  When I walked after him, this is what I found.  He was done.



Chad - Like Shannon said there is lots of art to choose from in Denmark. Living in a big city for the first time in my life I have been very impressed with some of the "street art", and in some location I think that it is pretty cool looking. I chose this one because it was faily fresh, like the colors and the brick background.

Of course there are artist and graffitiest - so you do see a lot of scribblely tags and crude comments (usually English) all over everything also. We had some friends who's parents were living in Copenhagen tell that one day there parent saw some kids spray painting a wall and some police walking towards them. They were excited to watch the kids get caught and punished for the vandalism but the police just talked to them for a bit and then left them to finish their work - so I guess it is not really that big a deal.



1 comment:

  1. Poor Noah, what a good sport. There were super cool graffiti walls in Spain too, but it wasn't like vandalism, just wall art.

    ReplyDelete