Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fastelavn 2014

For Fastelavn this year, the kids, of course, had a fun time dressing up.  Lexi chose to be a Cow, Myra a witch and Noah a car.  Lexi always surprises me with her choices at times.  You would think she would always choose a princess or something, but she came home one day from school with a cow mask she had made and said that's what she wanted to be this year.  So, I sewed some white spots on her brown clothes and their you go.  Noah chose to be a car and so the morning before the party, Chad set to work transforming a box into a car.  It turned out really cute.
The church party was fun, of course.  Noah was both the Queen and King of his barrel hitting group.  You become the Queen by being the first to knock the bottom out of the barrel, releasing all of the candy.  And then you become the King by knocking out the last board of the barrel.  Noah was really strong this year. 
The kids also got to dress up at school.  I wished I'd taken more pictures, but it was so funny seeing some of the costumes.  Especially comparing it to Halloween in the US.  I saw a bunch of kids running around with toy guns, swords and nunchuks. 
It's a fun little holiday for the kids. 


 I didn't even realize they paraded around the school in their costumes.  But, I was lucky to come across them after taking Noah to school and I even had my camera with me to get a couple of quick pictures.


 Myra, Alexys and Noah posing with their friends Olivia and Elizabeth.

 Whack that barrel!




 So proud of his little crowns!

 All pooped out after a busy day of hitting barrels and candy eating.
 Noah at school with his teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment