Thursday, July 18, 2013

18 Months - "Half Way"

I have fallen really behind with blogging lately.  I'm trying to get caught up, but when you're several months behind, it's difficult.  But, I wanted to write today.  It's July 18th, our "half way" mark.  I say half way with a grain of salt, because although Chad's program is for 3 years, we have no idea at this point when we will really head back to the US.  But 18 months is a big milestone! And what an amazing year and a half it's been.  We have done and seen so many amazing and wonderful things, we've struggled and survived living in a strange country, our kids have grown and thrived.  We've missed loved ones we left behind and have been sad to miss out on weddings, funerals, births and other get togethers.  And through it all, we've really fallen in love with Denmark.  If you had asked me a year ago, I don't know that I would have thought that possible.  It was such a struggle here in the beginning.  But, we've found our place here and we like it.  I'm already sad at the thought of leaving here in a year and a half.  But, life is full of hello's and good-bye's.  And it will be exciting to see what kind of adventure our life takes us on next.  But until then, we will continue to love living here in Denmark.


Here's a brief summation of our lives right now:
Chad's schooling is going great.  He's very busy, but enjoys what he is doing.  He got to take 3 weeks off this summer and we loved having him home.  But now he's back at the grindstone.  He has a bunch of experiments he's working on right now and has been really busy getting ready to head to Pittsburgh in August for a meeting.  Lucky him!  He is serving in our ward as the Elders Quorum Secretary and as a Ward Missionary.
I'm just sitting here wondering why the summer is going by so quickly.  The kids still keep me busy, but this fall, I'll have all of them in school for 4 mornings a week.  Kind of sad.  I'm still plugging away at my Etsy businesses, which are doing pretty well.  I'm serving in our ward as a counselor in Young Women and the Sacrament Meeting Chorister.
Myra was just baptized a couple of weeks ago and is still glowing from that experience.  She is such a happy, loving kid. She had a great year at school, is speaking nearly fluent Danish and has made many great friends. 
Lexi is really looking forward to starting school this August.  They start a year later here and she was really ready to start last year.  She liked her "preschool" class, but is definitely ready for something more.  Her Danish is coming along really well.
Noah has struggled with potty-training and although he's almost 4, he's still in diapers at night.  =(  Hopefully soon, he'll get it figured out.  He can be a little terror, but he's also still my snuggling little guy.  He's really sad he doesn't get to go to school with the girls this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment