Monday, February 27, 2012

A Sad Day

This morning after sending Myra to school, I received a phone call from her teacher. She had called to tell me that Myra's friend, Katazyna, had been killed in a car accident last week in Germany. What a blow to the heart. She was Myra's best friend here. She talked about her all the time. Myra has been quite emotional and sad over this, saying that today was the worse day of her life. If only I could take away her pain. My heart just hurts for Myra and the family of her friend. What a sad day.

Please keep Katazyna's family in your prayers. Her twin brother and her older sister were injured, but are doing ok. Her grandfather, who was driving, is still in the hospital and they are not sure if he will recover.

5 comments:

  1. oh that is so sad, Myra is too young to have to experience this kind of heartbreak. I am crying for her. Can you do something to make it a little I don't know what, but something like giving a gift to a shelter in her friends name or having a punch day at school in her name or flowers somewhere. something that gives Myra a good feeling to replace the loss. I am so, so sad for her. Give her my hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I started crying when I read this. I am so sad for Myra and that sweet girls family. Please tell Myra how much we love her and are thinking about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sad. I can't believe it. How is Myra taking it? You just never think that something like that could happen in your circle of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sad! Myra is such a loving little girl. I'm sure she is taking it very hard. I'll keep her friend's family in my prayers along with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about Katazyna. Our prayers are with them. I was just going through my emails and coincidentally my dad had sent me this article yesterday. Hopefully this beautiful story can help Myra with the sadness she feels. http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765555334/Life-after-death-is-a-joyful-fact.html?s_cid=Email-4

    ReplyDelete