Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

Easter seemed very early this year, it really snuck up on us!  A few days before Easter, we got together with Alaina and Olivia to dye eggs.  This was the first time I've ever dyed Easter eggs without using a dye kit.  It actually worked extremely well.  We just used food coloring and vinegar with water.  The colors were much brighter and brilliant than I had expected.  We also tried coloring on hot eggs with crayons.  It was a little tricky, because the eggs were quite hot, but it was a fun way to do it and they looked really pretty. 







On Easter, we had a nice relaxing day with church and a yummy dinner.  I kept thinking about Easter during my childhood.  We almost always went to St. George to visit my Grandma and Grandpa Austin.  We would get up in the morning and have breakfast and then my sister and I would have to take a bath.  My mom almost always either made us or bought us new Easter dresses.  So, we would get dressed up in these cute dresses and would go outside, where lo and behold, the Easter bunny had shown up.  My Grandparents had this awesome yard and the Easter bunny was very generous.  We had a great time finding all that he left for us.  In the afternoon, we would always go on a picnic, usually out somewhere in the desert.  What great memories!  Easter was one of my favorite times of year as a child!
Here in Denmark, it's too cold, rainy and/or snowy to do anything outside.  On Monday morning, we all had the day off and guess what?  The Easter Bunny showed up Monday morning and scattered the house with chocolates and little gifts for the kids.  Not much room for a hunt, but it still took a while for the kids to find everything.
 
Noah really liked his chocolate, ALL of his chocolate!











1 comment:

  1. Even though it was different than your childhood it still looks like a lot of fun! I think I found an Easter egg last week in one of the less used toy boxes! Glad to see you found some friends to dye eggs with, oh so sad, I just realized that should have been us ):!!!!!!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete